Service Engineer - Detroit - Michigan
Mitsubishi Electric Automation, Inc.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Mitsubishi Electric Automation, Inc. ("MEAU") is committed to the employment and advancement of minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, and veterans. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
MEAU is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities to the extent required by federal law and any state law where a particular employee works.. If you need assistance in filling out the employment application or require an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail email@example.com. We will provide you with assistance in completing the application and make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide technical service and support to our customers, including: MTBs, dealers, and end-users, via:
• On-Site service at customer facilities using learned knowledge and experience of electro-mechanical assemblies, system operations, programming, and diagnosing of equipment problems
• In-House telephone support using an automated call distribution network (ACD) with heavy call volume maintaining department goals for time to answer and total log-in time
• Communicate with customers in e-mail, on-line chat and internal technical forums
• Diagnose equipment breakdowns where knowledge of machinery and other automated systems is used to maintain customer UPTIME
• Install components and solutions offered by Mitsubishi Electric Factory Automation where knowledge of programming, calibrating, tuning, rebuilding and maintaining customer's equipment in the field is being utilized
• Support the in-house systems for diagnostics such as simulators, programming systems, tools, etc.
• Present and sell customers our value added services (VAS) to help accomplish their UPTIME goals; CloudCNC, extended warranties, optional functions, machine tuning, control upgrades, training, etc.
• Promote the sales of spare parts to customers which would further assist in their machine UPTIME
• Determine, order, and replace parts as necessary while maintaining the consignment inventory account by following up on the defective and unused parts returns
• Enter all technical claims, service activity, follow ups, and other customer related inquiries into SAP, while maintaining data integrity
• Support the business operations, including:
• Participating in company training programs whereby passing with satisfactory levels
• Create and/or update technical documentation
• Feedback areas of improvement in design to the Technical Support Engineers
• Feedback to management for newly found issues
• Follow up on performed service calls and open technical support claims using established database via company phone and e-mail systems
• Cooperate with and take instruction/ support advice from Senior Engineers
• 70-80% travel based on customer demand, primarily with in region: Detroit/Michigan, Essential Education, Skills and Experience
• BSEET or equivalent related experience
• 0-3 years experience in field service for industrial automation
• Ability to sell value added services to customers
• Knowledgeable on electrical and mechanical tools for machine repair
• Mechanical aptitude
• Hands-on knowledge of volt meters, oscilloscopes, and other test / measuring equipment
• Ability to read and understand technical documentation: schematics, logic, procedures, etc.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate with and maintain effective relationships with customers and colleagues
• Organization skills for arranging travel plans and service call schedule
• Ability to travel by car and plane to on-site service calls
• Ability to be "on call" to meet customer's service needs as they arise
• Ability to perform a hands-on role in an industrial environment, including but not limited to: wearing of proper safety attire, maneuvering into tight locations, occasional heavy lifting and carrying, standing on hard surfaces, and knowledgeable on electrical and mechanical tools for machine repairs
• Team orientation
• Computer proficiency - knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
• Customer focused
Beneficial Education, Skills and Experience
• Experience in Computerized Numeric Controls (CNCs) products preferred
• Experience in Motion Controllers (AC and DC) and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) a plus
• Experience in field service a plus
Detroit, , United States
Apply Here: https://meau-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=443&source=ONLINE&JobOwner=992347&company_id=16966&version=1&byBusinessUnit=NULL&bycountry=0&bystate=0&byRegion=&bylocation=NULL&keywords=Service%20Engineer&byCat=NULL&proximityCountry=&postalCode=&radiusDistance=&isKilometers=&tosearch=yes&city=
Primary Skills: Service Engineer
Salary: Between -
Experience Required: years minimum
Clearance Level Indicated: 0
Contact name: HR
Job reference code: R20270926
|Post your engineering jobs for free for 30 days ! Your postings will be displayed throughout our engineering job board network.
Register here >
Engineer? Got a current Security Clearance?
We would like your resume.
Post your Resume and link to us and get a free Engineer.net Polo-shirt !.
ClearanceJobs.net is an affiliate of the Engineering Jobs Network. To post your position on this site register and post the position with Engineer.net. If the job is posted requiring a clearance, it will also appear on the ClearanceJobs.net site, as well as other pertinent sites within the Engineering Jobs Network.