High Voltage Design Engineer - Southfield - Michigan
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Design and optimization of HV circuits (450 to 1700 V) including gate drives, inverter, and protection features for low and high power circuits
• Create and document models for HV circuits
• Develop worst case analysis for HV Circuits
• Create detailed component design, test and manufacturing documentation for HV Circuits
• Assist in circuit design for power electronic subsystems
• Experience in high voltage/high power electronic circuits, including power factor correction
• Usage of lab equipment to test and debug high voltage electronics
• Typical tasks - Design a low power flyback power supply designed for powering logic circuits; design an isolated gate drive circuit for controlling SiC or GaN Fets
• Bachelor in Industrial Electronics/Power Electronics/Electrical Engineering with preference for Masters or PhD in Industrial Electronics/Electrical Engg
• Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience in design & development of high voltage components like Inverters, Converters, Battery Management Systems, Power Factor Correction Circuits
• Knowledge in the following:
o Advanced Knowledge in Digital/Analog circuitry, power electronics components such as Diodes, SCRs, Transistors, IGBTs, high-frequency transformers, pulse-transformers, heat sinks, bus work, current and voltage sensors etc.
o Working knowledge with the setup and use of typical dynamic data acquisition systems
o Advanced knowledge in data acquisition and processing procedures such as saving waveforms, spectral analysis, and similar methods
o Advanced knowledge in the implementation and troubleshooting of electrical circuit, electronics circuit, analog and digital systems
o Working knowledge of the following is desirable in using instrumentation such as oscilloscope, frequency analyser, network analyser, power meter, fluke PQ meter, voltage probe, current probe, Rogowski coil, differential probe, flow meter, pressure gauge, LCR meter, hi-pot test equipment, pyrometer, flux meter, thermistor, thermocouple, accelerometers, strain gauges, microphones, laser vibrometers, proximity probes, pressure probes etc.
o Working knowledge of LabVIEW, MATLAB and excel to simulate and analyse electrical and electronic circuits
• Experience in electronic circuit design and release
• Able to work in a changing environment
• Ability to organize and plan effectively
• Very high level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
• Must be a demonstrated team player
Primary Skills: electronic circuit design, Engineering, Design, Design Engineer, High Voltage, Component design
Salary: Between 80000 - 90000
Experience Required: 10 years minimum
Clearance Level Indicated: Clearable
Travel: 0 %
Additional Details: Ex-Pat with valid visa can also Apply
Contact name: Robin Singh
Job reference code:
|Post your engineering jobs for free for 30 days ! Your postings will be displayed throughout our engineering job board network.
Register here >
Engineer? Got a current Security Clearance?
We would like your resume.
Post your Resume and link to us and get a free Engineer.net Polo-shirt !.
ClearanceJobs.net is an affiliate of the Engineering Jobs Network. To post your position on this site register and post the position with Engineer.net. If the job is posted requiring a clearance, it will also appear on the ClearanceJobs.net site, as well as other pertinent sites within the Engineering Jobs Network.